ENABLE-S3 will pave the way for accelerated application of highly automated and autonomous systems in the mobility domains automotive, aerospace, rail, maritime and health, through provision of highly effective test and validation methodology and platforms that will save significant fractions of field tests. Virtual testing and verification and coverage-oriented test selection methods will enable certification of these systems with reasonable efforts and project results will be considered for standardization of such systems.
This overall goal is founded on following technical Objectives:
1. ENABLE-S3 will provide a modular verification and validation framework that proves the functionality, safety and security of ACPS.
2. ENABLE-S3 promotes a new technique for testing sensor-based ACPS with physical sensor signal stimuli generators, which will be demonstrated within the use-cases.
3. ENABLE-S3 aims to significantly raise the level of dependability of automated systems and minimizing the risk of design or implementation faults by the provision of a modular comprehensive verification and validation platform and systematic coverage measures.
4. ENABLE-S3 will provide a validation environment for rapid re-qualification, which will allow reuse of validation scenarios in at least 3 development stages.
5. ENABLE-S3 will promote and extend existing standards as well as establish new open standards to speed up the adoption of the new verification and validation methods and tools for ACPS.
6. ENABLE-S3 aims at developing validation and verification bricks applicable across 6 industrial domains (Automotive, Aerospace, Rail, Maritime, Health, Farming).
7. ENABLE-S3 aims for the creation of an eco-system (incl. LEs, SMEs, NGOs and academia) for the validation and verification of automated systems within the European industry.